Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

husband and wife in middle of splitting up wife has kids 16

Customer Question

husband and wife in middle of splitting up wife has kids 16 plus husband has 3 kids age 10 8 6 who cannot live there because step mom is mean and gives away there things 16 year old tries to open door on husband and he tells her not to he pushes door back they call cops husband in house alone cops open door does not announce himself first or anything just walks right in few mininutes later gets arrested for domestect violence officer totally uninterested anyone else story is this leagal
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.
Hello

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

I am sorry this is happening

However, once the police are called and they feel that there is a crime being committed inside the home, they may legally enter.

In this case, of course, it is going to depend on what the caller told the police - if they mentioned anything that was construed as Domestic Violence then the police will enter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

bull shit anser not happy at all will not use this service ever again you quoted no kind of law or anything may not even be real attorney

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Hello

Ok. You do not have to get nasty and I answered your question true and correct. I am a real attorney you can click my name to see my credentials and I am not sure what Law you want me to quote.

But if you have other information or clarification you need in this regard, please let me know.

Thank you and good luck