Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

my wife miss a court date live out of state in 1995 she and

my wife miss a court date live out of state in 1995 she and her boyfriend bought a car and the car got repoed now the finance co is going after her 14years later. they want her in contempt of court for missing the court date will they exterdite her if she lets this go
Hello

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

First of all the statute of limitations to collect is expired.

And next can you tell me what the contempt would be for?

Was a bench warrant issued for your wife?

Who has contacted her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not showing on court date . the court wants to no why she did not show and explain why if answer is not good then contempt charges will be placed on her .no bench warrant yet but if she dose not show for 2nd court date she will . wayne co richmond In court house

Hello

I see.

Well, I suggest then that she will want to appear if there is a court date.

And she can explain that this matter stems back 14 years ago and therefore the statute of limitations to collect is expired and there is no basis for a case.