Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

My son was pick up for having a 5.00 bag of marjuana he was

My son was pick up for having a 5.00 bag of marjuana he was 17 at the time now hes 18. He was put in a program. His po called him last and gave him a drug test that he didnt pass he about to go into 28 day program his po want him in jail until he goes. Is this fair

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Unfortunately, that is usually the process because he has violated his probation. And if they cannot get him into a program immediately, then he can be placed in jail until space is available as long as the jail stay does not exceed the expiration of his probation.

Remember, the probation is given in lieu of a sentence and the sentence is suspended. So they can impose that jail sentence.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Even if he still in high school

I am sorry that this is happening. But yes, he is now an adult.

Perhaps, you can talk to the probation department and see if he can be place on the bracelet with home detention which means they track his every move and he cannot leave the home
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Should i get an attorney to see if he can get a braclet and still go to school this is his senior year

If the PO will not agree to it, yes. That is what you will need to do
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can he go to school with a braclet

Not to school no. But the school will be able to provide his assignments and he can do it at home.