TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

In NH our customer signed a construction contract to build

In NH our customer signed a construction contract to build a new building and then hired some one else to complete the work. Should I be entitled to collect all the cost incurred in putting the project together including overhead and profit?

Thank you for your question.

Was the contract cancelled within the first 3 days after it was signed?

If so, was the contract solicited at the customer's home, or did they contact you to do the work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Contract was not officially canceled. It was signed over a month ago and I got an email today that they are going to use another builder.

This is a commercial office building. We have been working several months on designs and costing for the project which we had a design and budgeting agreement and then entered into a construction contract which was then forwarded to the customers bank as part of there construction loan process.

Thanks for your response.

In this situation, you are due your damages for the anticipatory breach of contract. This would include precisely your costs you have expended in preparation to perform, and the anticipated profit you would make from the contract after it was performed in full.

This will be in addition to whatever other amounts you may be entitled pursuant to the terms of the contract (i.e., attorneys fees).

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,