How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any way I can reverse COBRA termination for nonpa

This answer was rated:

Is there any way I can reverse COBRA termination for nonpayment?

Thank you for your question. Please allow me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, do you have proof or evidence that you attempted to make payments which weren't received? Termination for non-payment is otherwise something that cannot be appealed--if you do not pay for insurance, after 30 days the insurance is canceled because no insurer is obligated or required to provide coverage without payment. So if you can find evidence that you attempted to make payments and they were somehow missed or not received, you can potentially reverse termination, but you would not be able to otherwise challenge termination if no payments were received.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX don't have such a proof.


You are most welcome, truly. I am sorry for the likely unwelcome news but I really cannot create a potential option for you where it is really based on contractual terms. If there is no payment, there is no requirement to extend benefits. An another unlikely option is if you did not receive your COBRA packet fast enough (within the first 60 days) as that may also allow you to apply, but it would not allow for reinstatement.

Good luck.