Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

Real Estate Law...I recently won a case against a bank and

Real Estate Law...I recently won a case against a bank and was awarded my part of the winnings. However, my credit report still reflects that I was foreclosed upon. How can I fix my credit report to show that it was not my fault and can I ask the 3 credit companies to remove this or not? I am still required to wait 7 yrs?
Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

Did the judgment specifically state you weren't foreclosed on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was a class action suit and it said that the Bank handled my case improperly. It did not state that I was not foreclosed upon.

You can try and get the judgment amended through a Judgment Nunc Pro Tunc to add specific language that could be used to remove that from the credit reports. The language would have to be specific to get the credit reporting agencies to remove it and you will definitely need a lawyer to assist on this.

The other option is to sue for removal. They aren't going to agree to remove it without the specific language and so a lawsuit to determine whether it should be on there would be the only other method.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for your advice. I greatly appreciate your quick and honest answers.

You're very welcome.

Best wishes to you on this and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I get credit for my work.
Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much, will do!