Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

My ex boyfriends criminal defense attorney wants me to drop

My ex boyfriends criminal defense attorney wants me to drop a restraining order in order to let me live in a house that I occupied for3 months with an written agreement that I will not be harassed by my ex. Should I revoke the retraining order tomorrow or not.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

It is never a good idea to revoke a Restraining Order. If you think back to the reason you requested a Restraining Order against your ex-boyfriend, you will remember that you were in fear of bodily injury and, obviously, the Judge felt that way also and that is why the Judge signed the Restraining Order.

If you revoke the Restraining Order, your ex-boyfriend will not be afraid to threaten you again because there will no longer be a Restraining Order to keep his temper and his anger in check. You will not be able to go back into Court and ask the Judge to reinstate the Restraining Order. If you revoke it, trust me, you will regret it, I have seen many women live to regret that decision. But, in the end, the final decision is yours and you must do what your feel comfortable doing,

______________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does the letter I signed with his attorney to revoke cause me any legal reprocussion or will I be locked out again from the house, I have legal residency here although I am not on the lease. My ex caused property damage breaking in yesterdsy, I am terrified.

Dear Anastasia,

If you are not on the lease, you will probably be locked out, regardless of any written agreement your ex-boyfriend might have signed. He most likely signed the Agreement just to have you drop the Restraining Order. You stated it yourself, you are terrified of what your ex-boyfriend is capable of doing. In my experience, the victim who revokes the Restraining Order ultimately regrets that decision, but finds out only when it is too late and, as I said in my previous Answer, you cannot go back into Court and tell the Judge you changed your mind again. The Judge will tell you that he thinks you are playing games and using the Court's time to play these games. Listen to how terrified you are, listen to what the police have advised you to do, and consider what I am telling you here. For your own safety and your own peace of mind, leave the Restraining Order in place. The Judge entered that Restraining Order for your own protection and safety, and the Judge has seen hundreds of these cases and he knows what he is doing,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if he changes the locks Am I legally able to change them back considering my possession are here and I am a legal resident, would it be unreasonable for me to break into the house to get my thingsI could call a locksmith

Dear Anastasia, I believe that I have Answered your question and follow up questions relating to the Restraining Order. The Terms of Service which both customers and Experts must adhere to require the customer to post a new question on a new question page. I will be glad to continue to assist you, but please be so kind as to give a positive rating to my Answers to your first question, and then we can go on to your new question. The experts get into trouble with the website if the website's rules are not followed, Thank you for understanding,

_________________________________________________________________________

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.