Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I recently purchased a 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman S All4 with

I recently purchased a 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman S All4 with 5000 miles on it. I was told, see online, as well as on the showroom floor that I should expect 31/25 mpg. I have filled up with 2 tanks of premium gas & am getting 20mpg. ?Lemon Law????

Lemon Laws do not cover the touted gas mileage of the vehicle. Generally, these laws apply to defects that keep the vehicle from actually running or causes a safety issue. I agree though that there's definitely a mechanical problem if that car gets such poor mileage. Hopefully, the dealer will find and correct it. The big luxury sedans do better than that. Good luck.

I hope that this information is helpful. Please click on a smiley face so that I will be compensated for assisting you. If you have a follow up question please send me back a Reply without entering any rating. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am just disappointed. Your answer was the issue, not you per se.