Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

my license was suspended for a dui , i was eligable to get

my license was suspended for a dui , i was eligable to get it back on june 6th,however the courts failed to get all of my paperwork stating that i completed all my court ordered obligations and penn dot is still withholding my license,its now july 21st and the same cop that stoped me prior pulled up behind me at my house and asked me if i had my license back yet, then proceeded to inquire on his computer to penn dot to check on me,he never stated any reason for why he wanted to check or any reason at all. is this legal first since i dont yet have my license because someone in the court house didnt submit to penndot that i met all my requirement.and can the officer charge me with anything, should i retain an attory
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Pennsylvania Licensed, Practicing Attorney. I will be glad to assist you with your question, but need a bit more information, if you do not mind, If I have not Answered your question, please let me know and I will be glad to explain further

Please number your answers to correspond with the questions,, Thank you,

1. When the police officer "pulled up behind you", did he see you driving ?

2. If so, was the police officer following you ?

3. Which County is this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

he saw my car ,i guess he assumed it eas me driving, and when i got to my house and he pulled up next to me ,he obviousously saw it was me. he followed me out of redners where i just got a coffee and followed me home.i live in reading pennsylvania.

Hi, Jerry,

The police officer should not have been following you. Whether he was the police officer who stopped you for your DUI, or not, unless you disobeyed a traffic signal, or you failed to put on your turn signal, the police officer should not have been following you and the fact that he was the police officer who stopped you for a DUI, makes following you a form of harassment.

He has 30 days to issue a citation for violating Pennsylvania Vehicle Code §1543(b) - Driving while under suspension, DUI related. It does not matter that PenDot should have returned your driver's license by now. The Pennsylvania Courts have held, and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court has affirmed that until a motorist's driver's license is reinstated and returned to him or her, the driver's license remains suspended. The penalty for violating §1543(b) is a $500 fine and a mandatory sentence of 60 to 90 days, but part of the sentence can be served by electronic home monitoring.

Wait and see if you receive a citation in the mail. If you d receive a citation, immediately retain an Attorney with experience in this particular area because it is a bit complex. Tell the Attorney what happened, that the police officer was following you for no reason, other than being the police officer who stopped you for a DUI. Your Attorney must file a Motion to Suppress because this was an illegal stop, he should not have been following you, and there was no reason for him to have been following you. Therefore, any evidence the police officer got from looking up your driver's license should be suppressed. Without that evidence, the Court must dismiss the citation.

_______________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thankyou thats what i thought however since i contacted you, he called me and told me that he would not be citing me,as he understood that there is a problem either with the court or penn dot , but advised me to get it taken care of which i have been workin on straightening out their incompetance. also thankyou for the excellent service. i am so relieved not only knowing he had no right to do what he did , but that he called me and told me no action was going to be taken. im jus gtryin to survive in this world and thisjustice system applys its course heavy handed injustice on us that have not actually commited any crime.

Hi, Jerry, You are very welcome,

You are very, very lucky because police officers in my area, Delaware County, are not courteous at all. They treat everyone like a criminal, when in fact, this is written in the Pennsylvania Vehicles Code and not the Pennsylvania Crimes Code, the police seem to forget this all too easily. Pennsylvania has one of the strictest DUI laws of all the States and does not even allow you to expunge your record unless you got ARD (Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition).

Please do not forget to give me a rating because it is the only way that I will receive credit for assisting you. It will not cost you anything additional, but it is necessary for me to receive credit. Thank you for understanding,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.