LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

How do you prepare for a hearing with a magistrate? Same fact

How do you prepare for a hearing with a magistrate? Same fact set re- pending motions, questions about validity of MSA etc.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. What is the purpose of the hearing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know the purpose. I was represented at the time, and there are some hearings scheduled. I was checking the case docket and saw that a case at issue sheet had been filed, and there was a referral magistrate meeting.

Bill, thank you for the additional information. You would prepare the same way that you would for a hearing in front of the Judge. You will want to know the basis for the hearing and the motion which is going to be argued. You should have some idea about the purpose of the party and what the other side is going to be asking for. If this was set by the court, then the Judge is likely referring the case to the GM. Here is some additional information about the process.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/research/orders/downloads/CircuitCivilProcedures.pdf

If you were previously represented by counsel, you should ask him/her for a copy of the file, so you are up to date of the proceedings and anything which they do not have, could also be obtain in the court file.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a new question thanks.

Certainly. What is it and Ill do my best to answer it?