Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

What is the statute of limitations on filing a complaint against

What is the statute of limitations on filing a complaint against an attorney in Alabama?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

The statute of limitations to file an action regarding the professional malpractice of an attorney in Alabama is the later of 2 years from the date of the action or 6 months from the date it should have been discovered. Ala. Code § 6-2-34

I would be glad to continue our conversation and respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you your help. You did very well!

Thank you very much William