Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

hi I am 24 years old I live in Allentown pa. I get caught in

hi I am 24 years old I live in Allentown pa. I get caught in shop lifting over than 150 on feb 2011 I get arrested then an ard program and 1 year probation done my probation 15 months ago.i got cought again in shoplifting 2 days ago for a 138 dollars police came they didn't right a report I only sign a store paper they said they will send me a letter. is that letter will be a fine or I will go to court then to jail then it will be a misdemeanor??
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

What document did you sign and what type of letter were you told you will get?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know what did I sign I was just wanted to go home.but it was a store paper and the store manager first said that it will be a fine then because I asked him a lot of question he said I will see u in a court. I don't know what it will be. first he said that the amount of stolen stuff if it is under 150 there will be no police then it comes up to 190. when police came I told them that the stuff have discount and some of them are buy one get one. they asked the manager to have todays prices not the tag prices it comes up to 138. police waited to see if I have any other charge then they let me go

Dear Heidi,

Why did you decide to shoplift and steal this merchandise?

Did you admit to the p
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please sir help me and tell me what is going to happen to me. I did it because iam so stupid

Dear Heidi,

It is more than likely that you will receive a civil demand from the store's attorney for the cost of the merchandise, plus attorney's fees plus additional $150 penalty fee.

Also, it is likely that you would receive a letter from the court with a court date if the criminal charge of shoplifting is filed.

Unfortunately, if the store decides to pursue the criminal charges against you you would be charged with the summary offense if the merchandise that was stolen is under $150 which carries a maximum jail time of up to 90 days and a fine of up to $300.

Because your prior shoplifting case was ARD, it means you were not convicted of the shoplifting and this prior case of shoplifting will not count against you.

If the merchandise stolen is over $150, it would be a second degree misdemeanor, which carries a maximum penalty of up to 5 years in jail and fines up to $10,000.

In any case, if you do receive a letter from the court with a court date, you would need to contact a local criminal defense attorney, as it is possible that if you are convicted of the shoplifting criminal charge, that the judge can sentence you to some jail and / or probation, community service and a fine.

I wish you the best of luck!
Dear Heidi,

Do you have any related follow up questions for me?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just get the letter and it says 18 3929 a1 lead is that a dangerous??what charge it could be