How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney Wayne Your Own Question
Attorney Wayne
Attorney Wayne, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1506
Experience:  Practicing law since 2000.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney Wayne is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What agencies of authority other than the Alabama Bar association

This answer was rated:

What agencies of authority other than the Alabama Bar association would help in a valid complaint of blatant proscecutorial misconduct that occured in Alabama?

I don't want to rush you, but why is it taking so long for your response?

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Welcome back,

Thank you for your new question. I was not on line when you posted. I am just now coming online.

The Alabama Bar Association would typically be the highest agency to investigate an ethical complaint. If the presumptive unethical behavior rises to the level for criminal action, it would be the decision of the prosecutor's office whether to file charges

I would be glad to continue our conversation and respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your response, but it gives me pause. It seems that you may have not given my questions a pensive approach. To me, your answer appeared to be rather non specific, ( not below average), and really did not convey to me anything that I did not already know. It is my understanding that this might be a time when you are pressed to follow strick time guidelines.

Hi William,

I am going to opt out without charge to you as I have nothing more to add. Perhaps another expert will have more information.

Best regards

PLEASE DO NOT use the rating system until satisfied. Instead, please click CONTINUE CONVERSATION for more info.

Let me see if I can offer additional information on other approaches. The previous expert is correct that disciplinary proceedings before the state bar might be appropriate. Indeed, if the prosecutor in question lied during the bar discipline investigation or hearing, that is a new act that could be cause for a new complaint focused solely on those lies made in the prior misconduct hearing. In brief, a new complaint focusing on the second set of lies is one possible response.

Evidence is, of course, key here. One can help a case greatly by doing the legwork to provide hard evidence, rather than simply rely on the disciplinary board to research a complaint. The more hard evidence provided, the less chance a board can simply do a perfunctory processing and dismiss.

Another place to seek justice is in the court where the original prosecutorial misconduct took place. It is possible to alert the judge of possible lawyer misconduct. While judges are apt to give prosecutors a good deal of leeway, the harder the evidence, the better the chance the misconduct can be sanctioned.

Finally, there are lawsuits possible -- notably under federal civil rights laws. In this instance, civil rights don't mean just anti-discrimination and racism based complaints. Civil rights here are broadly construed to mean rights guaranteed by the Constitution or statute. This is not a good field for do-it-yourselfers -- as the standards can be quite technical. If the case is strong enough, it may be possible to get representation from such organizations as the American Civil LIberties Union branch in the state or other organizations. Also, if there is strong case, a private lawyer may take it without upfront charge -- instead, getting paid as a percentage of any court judgment or settlement. This is called "on-contingency" representation.

As the case would involve a prosecutor's misconduct, there are likely to be only a small subset of lawyers in an area who are willing to even take the case (since it often means poor relationships with prosecutors in a host of other cases where negotiation trust may help bring about resolution). So it is important to focus on those lawyers in the state that are known to take on prosecutorial misconduct lawsuits for civil rights violations.

I wish you speedy resolution in this matter.

Attorney Wayne, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1506
Experience: Practicing law since 2000.
Attorney Wayne and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Related Legal Questions