Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

This question is in continuation of previous question regarding

This question is in continuation of previous question regarding the HIPPA rules'
I am asking representing pediatrics office.
Some one in our office, according mother of a child, has revealed info about teenage child
regarding vaccination to her ex boy friend. This person denies it in a statement.
The mother wants her not to be in office.
What should the pediatrician do. Fire her on suscipicion of possible violation of HIPPA rules.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Has the mother formally filed a complaint with US Dept of Health & Human Services yet? What is the mother's evidence, if any?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She did not file,yet.

She is going to sue the office girl and her ex-boy friend.

She promised the pediatrician not to include in the law suit.

Apparently the ex-boy friend beat up the teenage girl (the patient) and she has proof of this. The words said by ex-boy friend suggest that HIPPA rules were violated, which the girl in the office denies it.

Thank you for your follow-up.

In that situation I am not sure why the doctor would be required to fire the employee. The doctor can perform a reasonable investigation and infer whether or not the violation took place. The doctor can likewise choose to discipline or make his own report to HIPAA. But he is not required to terminate. I am genuinely sorry to hear the patient was assaulted and I hope she is able to fully recover.

Good luck.