Attorney Wayne
Attorney Wayne, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing law since 2000.
23192590

Need incarceration order for passprt for 1 year old. WHo do

Need incarceration order for passprt for 1 year old. WHo do I contact to get it. Inmate is in Maryland.
Expert:  Attorney Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Attorney Wayne :

PLEASE DO NOT use the rating system until satisfied. Instead, please click CONTINUE CONVERSATION for more info.

Attorney Wayne :

Hello. Thanks for contacting us.

Attorney Wayne :

I would start my search in the public inmate file search system of Maryland's Dept of Corrections.

Attorney Wayne :
DPS and Correctional Services
Maryland Division of Corrections
6776 Reistertown Road, Suite 310
Baltimore, MDNNN-NN-NNNN/address>

• P:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/li>
  • F:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/li>
Attorney Wayne :

Another option is to ask a family court judge to grant sole custody to the parent not in jail until such time as the incarcerated parent is released. This is useful in a number of contexts -- not just for passports. If the father is still involved in the family, he or she often goes along with it since its not a permanent removal of parental rights, but a temporary fix those specific issues arising from incarceration. This would allow the custodial parent to apply for the passport submitting a copy of the court order for custody with the passport application, without the extra step of completing the form DS 3053 (exemption for special circumstances).

Attorney Wayne :

Finally, if the incarcerated parent is willing, and the prison has a system for doing so, he or she can execute a notarized form (DS-503) allowing the other parent to apply for the passport without the incarcerated parent present.

Attorney Wayne, Attorney
Experience: Practicing law since 2000.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Due to a software glitch, we had to refornat the information so it could be accessed. Thanks fir your understanding.

Attorney Wayne :

Attorney Wayne :

Hello. Thanks for contacting us.

Attorney Wayne :

Attorney Wayne :
DPS and Correctional Services
Maryland Division of Corrections
6776 Reistertown Road, Suite 310
Baltimore, MDNNN-NN-NNNN/address>

• P:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/li>

• F:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/li>
Attorney Wayne :

Attorney Wayne :