Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

can I remove my middle name which happens to be my maiden name

can I remove my middle name which happens to be my maiden name from my Texas drivers license? My USA passport only has my First and last names, but my birth certificate(I was born in Scotland) has two middle names which I never use

Hello there

-

You are perfectly within your rights to ask them to remove your middle name from your drivers license and as proof of the two names you should bring your US Passport with you to the DMV to show that you are known by that name and use interchangeably with your version of your name with the middle name / initial in it. The US Passport actually serves as your official ID document to be able to do this.

-

Please let me know if you have further questions.

-

MARY

-

Please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face below so I will be paid for my time. Pressing a positive rating below will NOT cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as a trigger to Just ANswer to pay me for my time in assisting you today. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!