Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Hi Barrister, i hope you are well. I just opened a LLC under

Hi Barrister, i hope you are well. I just opened a LLC under my personal name, so all my income will go to LLC. As you know i had agreement with my husband. Here is the copy as below:

My husband and I agreed that any income and money that earn or receive during our marriage in my personal accounts would be my personal separate assets; it will not be considered a marital asset.

I just wanted to double check with you again, make sure that what ever i earn through my LLC won't be considered a marital asset. Please let me know, thanks!
Hello again,
.
.
As long as all the income that the LLC receives is passed through to you personally as the sole owner, the designation that all income you earn would be your separate assets would cover this as well.
.
Since an LLC has pass-through income automatically, this shouldn't be an issue.
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great, thanks! Another thing is as my SSN is my pervious name, not marriage name, and it won't be changed for a while. So i pay taxes all through my pervious name.

Now i open LLC also under my pervious name because of taxes reason.

I use my last name of pervious name becoming my mid name in my marriage name.

But i signed agreement was under my marriage, is there any issues?

No, as long as it is clear that you are one and the same person, there shouldn't be any issues. Once the SS Administration changes over your records to associate your SSN with your married name, then you would go by that name. But for right now, using your maiden or former name is fine.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.