Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My ex who is asking for Full Custody of our son is represented

My ex who is asking for Full Custody of our son is represented by an attorney which has typed a letter to the court stating that my fiance' has a criminal record with crimes of moral turpitude. This information is false as to my fiance' was resently cleared of a background investigation for a job with the Department of Juvenile Justive. I have court on 7/22 we have documentation stating this information is inaccurate. What steps do my fiance' and i have against this slander.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for choosing JA! I'll be glad to assist you.

If your ex knowingly made false statements in an attempt to harm your fiance's character, then suit could be filed for defamation - libel (written) and/or slander (spoken). Damages could be sought for the false statements and what it did to your fiance's character.

Also, you could file a motion in your custody case to strike the written statement and claim that it is a false, a misrepresentation and fraud on the court. The judge could prohibit the statement from being considered or used if it is found to be false.

I hope this answers your question, but if you need anything further, please let me know. Thanks.