LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

I am filing a lawsuit with limited scope representation. I

I am filing a lawsuit with limited scope representation. I was going to write out the interrogatories myself until I heard about Benders Forms of Discovery, wherein are form questions in all kinds of categories. I read that I could access these volumes on Lexis Nexis. How do I sign up for Lexis Nexis? Do I have to be a lawyer? Where else can I find information on form questions for interrogatories?

I notice also a site called Westlaw. Will I find Benders Forms on this site? Better or worse than Lexis Nexis?

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The first thing that I want to make you aware of is that Lexis Nexis can be pricey. As such, you do not just want to sign up but should contact their customer service department and speak with them about specific packages/plans, which are available to you. Here is the link. You may only need to sign up for a limited package, so if you speak with them about your needs, that can help you to find the most affordable way. Another option is to just use your local law library. Often times, the court house offers free access to lexis nexis and you can just download the information, forms and cases which you need. You do not need to be a lawyer to sign up for the site or to use the law library. These are upon to the public for use. In regard to forms, you can always speak with the clerk of court and see if they have some pre-printed forms for you to use or use the law library to obtain books and information on how to draft them. It is possible the law library as the book which you are referring to or other tools to help.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How pricey for Lexis Nexis subscription? Hundreds? Thousands?

Certainly not thousands for what you want to search. It could cost a $200-$300 depending on the extent of the search. Often times, the plan which you select will only be for Colorado and you will not need access to everything. That is why I suggested called them up and speaking with a representative and telling them the State you want to be able to research in and what you are trying to obtain. You can likely get a basic plan with them for the price I stated above or even less.