Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I need an attorney to file for an extension of an on demand

Customer Question

I need an attorney to file for an extension of an on demand judgment issued in Maryland as my ex-husband skipped town and I couldn't find him until 2010. When I found him I told him I wanted the money he legally owes me.

He had moved to a remote area in Florida. I hired a lawyer in Florida (as our court here in Maryland requested.)The judgment was accepted by the Florida Circuit Court of the Fifth Judicial Circuit in and for Citrus County, Florida and recorded in the public records there.

Because the judgment is 20 years old a certificate was unable to be issued without further action by the court. The original judgment was for $60,000.00 but Judge Smith who wrote the judgment attached late money penalties and it is now worth around $128,000.00. He is a multi millionaire so there is no lack of money to deal with.

Can you help me?

Barbara Kolker
Expert:  Loren replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

Site rules and state bar regulations prohibit us from representing JA customers or referring specific attorneys. I can direct you to online resources for locating local counsel.

Would you like me to do that?

Thank you.