Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

My insurance company is refusing payment for my wifes inpatient

My insurance company is refusing payment for my wife's inpatient care at a top rate mental health facility stating that she does not seem to be a immediate danger to herself or others. On the night we decided to admit my wife, she attempted to swallow a handful of pills. The facility has submitted the paperwork - payment was rejected. They filed an appeal and that was rejected. I believe I have one more appeal and was wondering if legal counsel would be proper action to take or if that would just be spending money with little chance of results.

Than you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that you are in this situation. In this situation retaining counsel would be most wise. Insurance companies, for many reasons, do not always know what is in their own policies, and do not always bother to read your claims and demands for an appeal. But when they receive a letter from an attorney on attorney letterhead alleging 'bad faith' and 'breach of contract', their legal department stands up and takes notice. Such letter are all too unfortunately common but they also happen to be quite effective. This is a good investment (I speak from experience as I have written quite a few such letters and so far none have come back rejecting a claim), and one that would very likely reinstate this claim for you.

Good luck.