Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I am a victim and have been notified that I am entitled to

I am a victim and have been notified that I am entitled to restitution by the felons. It's been two years and I have not received any money. Is there anything I can do to force payment?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

How have you been notified of this?

Also what is the victim/witness coordinator saying?

Is this court - ordered restitution after a conviction? Are these felons still in jail?

Do they have resources to pay or assets to garnish?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was notified by letter from the US Dept of Justice. The coordinator has told me that the felons have limited means but are on a payment plan of several hundred dollars per month and that when a certain dollar amount accumulates, funds are distributed to the victims. The felons work, as far as I know, but I have no knowledge of their assets.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you

And that is the correct answer. You can't get more than they own. And felons are barely capable of keeping a job

There is no recourse as to how to collect. I mean, you would spend a lot of money on trying to sue a felon and then they have no money to collect. The juice would not be worth the squeeze.

This is, unfortunately, a situation where you have to just be patient and if something comes your way consider it a windfall.

Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience: 20 years of experience practicing law.