Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

what is a motion for oder enforcing litigants rights?

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good afternoon.

Customer:

hello

RayAnswers :

This is a case where the other party is noticing you that they are going to claim that you have not complied with prior orders or possibly discovery in the case.They are going to seek sanctions on that basis.This would be your chance to try and comply with any orders or discovery requests the other side has made previously.

RayAnswers :

Reference to the form.

Customer:

what is a motionfor

Customer:

i do not have any record about this case

RayAnswers :

It is a motion here where they are claiming you have not complied with prior orders in the case or discovery.Discovery being where they have asked for documents or sent you written questions that you have not answered.

Customer:

do i need to see a lawyer

RayAnswers :

You would want to contact the court here--the case number XXXXX court or at the top.

RayAnswers :

And yes a lawyer here to properly respond to this is a great idea.

RayAnswers :

A lawyer can respond and set out your side of it and also see if further sanctions here can be avoided.

Customer:

this happen 10 years ago

RayAnswers :

Likely they are trying to bring something back up that was not complied with years ago.

RayAnswers :

Here is lawyer referral for you.

Customer:

im not giving my personal info they can garnish my check?

RayAnswers :

You can also contact the lawyer that sent it and ask exactly what they are complaining about.here.

Customer:

in jersey city, new jersey

RayAnswers :

Yes they can here is information about limits of garnishment.

Customer:

i did but they want me to paid no payment plan

RayAnswers :

Chapter 7 here bankruptcy might also be a way to discharge the debt and avoid garnishment here.

Customer:

i would like that, i own a home

RayAnswers :

You should consider a local civil lawyer to see what all your options are either to resolve it or file bankruptcy.This may yet be resolved by a local lawyer.

Customer:

can you help me

RayAnswers :

Sometimes they can get you payments you can live with.

RayAnswers :

No you will need to use the lawyer referral I gave you.

RayAnswers :

The site will not allow us clients, we only can answer your questions under the terms of service.

RayAnswers :

I appreciate the chance to get you the information you needed today.

RayAnswers :

I wish you good luck here resolving it.

Customer:

thank you ray.. for your help

RayAnswers :

You are so welcome.If you can leave positive feedback it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers :

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information

Ray, Lawyer
Experience: 29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law