TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I was just determined by my employer. They said reason of determination

I was just determined by my employer. They said reason of determination was because of re-organization and my position of manager was being replaced by a Director level in my profession. They said I was not qualified for the Director position because I did not have the experience. My professional experience is more than 25plus years in my field and I was doing this anyway for this employer. They want me to sign an agreement not to sue for 9K additional pay off. Do I have a case to sue this employer.. I have seen them fire many employees in my 15 months with this company. And this employer needs to be brought to justice for treating people unfairly. Do I have a case to sue?

Thank you for your question and I'm sorry to hear about this situation.

First of all, what state is this in?

Second, do you have a written employment contract governing the terms of your employment and under what conditions you may be terminated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Colorado, no I believe I do not have a written employment governing the terms of employment, and conditions.

This company does this all the time. The law needs to help people from Employers like this.

I agree. The law in Colorado, and the rest of the United States, needs to be rewritten to protect workers from no-fault terminations.

Unfortunately, in Colorado, and throughout the United States, employment law heavily favors the employer in most situations. Unless the employee has a contract which provides that the employee may only be terminated for cause, the law will hold that the employee's right to work falls under the At Will Doctrine. The At Will Doctrine provides that an employer may terminate an employee for any reason whatsoever, even if it is a false reason. The only limitation on this is that an employer may not terminate an employee because of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, military status, national origin, disability, age, or ancestry of the employee.

In your case, you say you were terminated because your position was made "redundant" (i.e., the employer simply terminated your job position). Given that the employer has a right to terminate you for any reason that the employer believes is fit, do you believe that the termination was actually based on discrimination regarding your race, color, religion, sex, military status, national origin, disability, age, or ancestry?