Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

If my son has a truck that is in his dads name and he pays

If my son has a truck that is in his dads name and he pays the insurance on it Can , I as the mother take the truck from him because he is living with me and I have custody of the son?
My son drives the trruck everyday and doesn,t want to do what he is told so I want to take the truck from him can I do that

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Unfortunately, if your name is XXXXX XXXXX the vehicle, you wouldn't have any legal basis for confiscating it without the father's permission. He could actually report it stolen. If you had given the truck to your son, absolutely, you could move the vehicle to where he couldn't find it - you could even sell it, if he wasn't behaving in a manner that entitled him to have a car. But you'd need permission from the vehicle's owner.

You could refuse to give him gas money (if that's something you've been doing). You could come up with other ways to try to stop him from leaving the house. You could talk to the father about a solution. But you unfortunately can't take the vehicle if it's not legally yours.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your answer thought you would tell me that. I don't have his Dads Knew number so I can't talk with him so I hope to know what you can do for the last question I ask is and I will be satisfied thaks Anne

I posted on the other thread.

As far as the phone number, if you've been in court in the past, you could file a motion asking the judge to order him to provide a means of contacting him. You could also get an address by checking the registration in the vehicle, or try looking online for a recent address, phone number, or email address.