Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

i did as told i contacted lawyer and told him of the mistake

Customer Question

i did as told i contacted lawyer and told him of the mistake of omitting our 2 siblings name that the judge signed we were legal heirs and were to be paid and to make the amendment asap i was told he didnt know if the judge would do it and he was not going to make that his main priority now i am hurt to my heart with that answer what can i legally do as payments are to go out late august we did every thing we was suppose to and they dont want to accept responsibility and iam not able to afford money out of my pocket to get whats i am legally entitled to please help give me options that will help me please
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello again --

-

If this is genuinely a mistake made by a secretary then it should be corrected by the court/judge without any issues or problems -- so I cannot understand why the attorney simply does not have his secretary correct the documents and file them with the clerk for the judge. If you are unable to get another attorney to step into this case and assist you in getting the corrections done, then about the only other thing that you can do is contact the court directly. You need to speak to the clerk who works for the Judge hearing your case and inform the clerk of the mistake in the paperwork that the attorney is asking him to sign -- the clerk and the judge will then send it back to the attorney and ask the attorney to review it and make the necessary changes to the documents before he will sign the documents. Remember though -- there cannot be any other reason why the names are not on the documents except that it was a mistake and can be easily corrected by the person who submitted the documents to the court.

-

MARY

-

Can you please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face below so I will be paid for my time? I am paid nothing unless you press a positive rating below. Pressing the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face below will NOT cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as a trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I GUESS I WENT ALL AROUND THE WORLD THE LAWYER HANDLING THE CASE SAID THE JUDGE HAD ALREADY SIGNED THE PAPER WE ALL WAITING TO RECEIVE LETTER ONLY TO FIND OUT 2 OF OUR NAMES WERE OMITTED

Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Dianne --

-

Perhaps the attorney is going to include the excluded two persons in the distribution without changing the paperwork? That is the only other thing I can think of here -- because a simple mistake should be corrected one way or another. Unless there is something deliberate behind these actions and he is excluding the two people on purpose for the benefit of the entire estate. I really would have to know more about what the reasoning was and I would have to review the paperwork to tell you what is happening here. Unfortunately, we are not permitted to review documents for customers so my suggestion at this point is that you take the paperwork to the clerks office and ask them if there is a pro bono attorney who works at the court a few days a week to help out people who otherwise cannot afford an attorney -- many courts have such attorneys on hand to assist but you need to ask at the clerk's office to get contact information.

-

-

MARY

-