Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Hello I have an issue of privacy breach with a bank. I am in

Hello I have an issue of privacy breach with a bank. I am in the middle of a nasty divorceduring our marriage I had opened a savings account for our children Namie me as the trustee holder.I went to court yesterday for it support settlement from my husband and my an attorney informed me that my husband told his attorney that I have taken out the children's savings money from the bank I did do this however I put it in a block to trust so that he cannot get to it but my question is since I was the only trustee holder in the bank I should me that no one can find out information about my account but me why did they give me information to him. I am suspicious that his cousin who is the branch manager gave him this information and I'm just curious as to if I can open a case against the bank for breach of privacy
Hello

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

If his name was not on this new trust account then no information should have been reveealed without a subpoena to the bank. If the bank got a subpoena then it is legally bound to release information.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No subpoena was given to the bank just his relative provided it to him without my concent and now he will not give me support because he says thst I have the money hut I placed it in a blocked trust. This has created stress for me especially since I have a restraining order on my husband for violence and now he is mad about the money being taken out so this unprofessional person has made so much probablys for me

Just by telling him that the money has been taken out bu me the trustee

I am so mad I want to sue the bank. What can I do

Hello

Welcome and thank you for your question

You can sue the bank.

I suggest that you can get a referral for a litigation attorney in your area from your divorce attorney

And I suggest you do talk about such a lawsuit with your divorce attorney as he would be the best one to stradegist on when a good time to file a suit would be so as not to disturb your divorce proceedings.