Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I was just on line asking a question, while I was talking to

Customer Question

I was just on line asking a question, while I was talking to my daughter in law about submitting the question the price went up from 48 to 60.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your post. Please allow me to assist you.

My apologies but I see your question as valued at $48 and not $60. If there is an overcharge, please let me know and I will ask the moderators to get it resolved for you. What is your question, how can I assist you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My son voluntarily comitted himself to a psych hospital, after we left him there, the staff was not watching him like they were suppose to, he had two seizures and fell and hit his head. They put him on medicine he has had a reaction to, they were informed of this. They were also suppose to contact his wife before they changed any of his medicine, they didn't. When we called and told them we want to take him home they threatened to have him comitted.

Thank you for your follow-up, Carolyn. Please allow me to assist you directly.

I am genuinely sorry that your son is in this situation. I clearly see a lot of issues for concern. What specifically can I answer for you, what is your main question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can we legally take him out without them having him comitted? He is not dangerous to anyone. I found a review from someone else that has gone to the facility and faced the same problem, it took them three days to get out. The hospital is Springbrook Behavior Center in Travelers Rest, SC

If he voluntarily committed himself, he can check himself out at any time. If for some reason the doctor disagrees, then they can pursue an involuntary commitment and potentially hold him for up to 3 days. This call is regrettably up to the medical doctor if they feel that he is still unable to be let out. But you personally cannot discharge him unless you have a medical power of attorney. Otherwise only your son can self-discharge, or attempt to do so.

Good luck.

I see that you rated my service as 'bad'. What specifically did I fail to address?