Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

If I take this to court how am I going to fair without the

Customer Question

If I take this to court how am I going to fair without the company, do to the fact the Arizona attorney general took them down. I was by one lawyer that it would then go to the credit card because it is fraud, if you can't subpoena the defendant. So tell me how do I do court without the company.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question and thank you veyr much for requesting me to assist you further.

You may be able to file suit directly against the owners of this now defunct company. If the company was taken down, it may still be possible, even via the LLC, to pursue the owners on the basis that their behavior could be pieced via the corporate veil on basis of alter ego. I agree that you cannot go to court without some sort of a defendant, but there you may be able to go directly after the owners of this entity.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience: Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

They are in Arizona I am in Arkansas I have no idea who the owners are. So you say that the lawyer who told me if I could not bring the defendant to court then it does not effect the credit card company. Even though I tried to dispute but they denied me because they could not get the money from the merchant.

Chris,

Cross-posted below:

If you do know who the owners are, you would need to potentially go to the state LLC sites and find out if they have an agent recorded with the state, or if the name of the owners is likewise recorded. Then if you find them you could potentially pursue them. They likely denied you because of the length of time and their inability to pursue this from the underlying merchant.

Good luck.