dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues

I was recently served a Summons stating I am being sued for

I was recently served a Summons stating I am being sued for "breach of verbal contract." I'm looking for some advice on how to prepare my response. Is there a way to email documents for someone to look at prior to getting advice?

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 34 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

Note, I am in CA. Accordingly, if you have been served with a summons, you have 30 days to file an ANSWER which is a pre printed court form and contains a series of boxes that you check or leave blank based on the action that is filed. Thereafter, the plaintiff will commence discovery (take your deposition or send you interrogatories/questions to answer. And eventually you will get a notice from the court that it has set a status conference. Needless to say, it is impossible to give you a complete overview of the process as it can take many directions. I do therefore suggest that you consult in person with an attorney. There are also books by NOLO PRESS that can further guide you. But at the end of the day, it will be your word against there word. But if you have any witnessses that you side with you, than they willl need to testify. I wish you well.