AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney At Law

I have a custody trial coming up in a month. Do I have to submit

I have a custody trial coming up in a month. Do I have to submit anything prior to the actual trial? Like child's progress reports or a document that proves the plaintiff is lying or a document from the state disproving accusations from the mother(plaintiff)? I will be representing myself in court and will have an opportunity to cross examine her on the stand and depending on her answers I may have documents to impeach her testimony. Do I have to disclose those docs ahead of time?

AttyCBradford :

Hello! Any documents that you plan on using in the actual trial must be shown to the opposing party before the judge can see them. Generally, parties submit what is known as a trial brief at least five days before the upcoming trial, in which you would attach all the exhibits and documents you are planning on using.

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation! I strongly suggest that you consult with a local attorney in your area on this matter. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does the opposing party have to submit to me ahead of time the questions they plan on asking one of my witnesses? What if there was a tape recording of a particular event that they used during the hearing officer conference but I was never provided a copy of the tape. Are they required to send me a copy of the tape prior to the trial?

Hello! THe questions that they are planning on asking the witnesses, no. If there is a tape recording yes you are entitled to hear whatever is on the recording.