Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

I have a question?My husband is a student at Florida Tech.

I have a question?My husband is a student at Florida Tech. Last week the school trolly hit the side of his parked motorcycle on campus. There is a battle about motorcycle parking with leads them to refuse to pay for the $600 damage. They were only depending on the insurance claim and I have many reasons to think that the school is responsible for the damage because the parking was acceptable for months, until there was an accident. I am going to school again today, but I am preparing for any back up plan what to do next.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened

The school needs to pay for the damage, period. If the motorcycle was parked where it shouldn't have been, they can issue a ticket. They can't refuse to pay for damage they caused. Even if I park in a fire lane, my car indisputably isn't supposed to be there - but that doesn't give someone else a legal right to drive into it. They still need to operate the trolley carefully, and they still need to pay for damage caused.

If you have to, you can file suit against the school in Small Claims Court. The parking issue is not a valid defense. It might reduce what they owe a little, if they can prove a parking violation, but they're still responsible for the damages.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.