Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Firstly, there were no human injuries in this accident (which

Customer Question

Firstly, there were no human injuries in this accident (which seems to be an issue) I recently (July 4th) set off 3 bug foggers in my home, I strategically placed them on stools one in each room put the paper on the floor unplugged everything well almost everything, left my house and came back to an explosion/house fire. The inspector said it was due to not unplugging the refrigerator, this is very hard for me to believe. Another issue I have is the box tells me that there could be an explosion if I put it in an enclosed area such as a cabinet no place on this box does it tell me that if I don’t unplug my fridge it will cause an explosion/fire. Anyway, now my 2 little girls, my wife and I are essentially homeless my little girl cries every night wanting to go home and wanting her stuff in her room back. We are having to live separate for more comfortable living situations. Is there anything I can do? We had insurance but it didn’t cover everything and now we are faced with possibly getting sued because it was a rental and our coverage is only 100k for liability. Am I just SOL? I feel like these things should not be sold to the untrained public or they should have a better warning on the label. If the box would have said “hey if you don’t unplug your refrigerator, the house could blow up” I may have paid more attention.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

You have already been told by an attorney that you have no legal recourse against the manufacturer. What additional information are you trying to obtain here? What if we only confirm what you've already been told?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He didn't tell me I had no legal recourse what he told me is it isn't worth it to an attorney because I didn't have to get "skin graphs from an injury." I just can't believe this is allowed to happen, I lost everything I have. Sure my family is alive but they are not ok

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out now and turn the question over to someone else since I will be off line most of the day today. Please do not send a Reply to this because that will send the question back to me and delay your Answer.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m Wendy, and I’m moderator for this Legal topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy