Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

Family Law Case Information Case Number: S-1501-FL-620265 Case

Family Law Case Information
Case Number: S-1501-FL-620265
Case Title: PENA VS PENA
Case Type: DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE
Filing Date: 1/12/2012
Filing Location: METRO DIVISION JUSTICE, 1215 TRUXTUN
Case Status: JUDGMENT 12/19/2012 4:34:19 PM
Notes: 1. Entries are listed in reverse chronological order.
2. Some entries may display odd characters (e.g., x, xx, or o) at the beginning of a sentence.
This is a result of the way the data is entered into the register of actions and can be ignored.
5 date(s) found, 10 total records, displaying 1-10 records.
Date Action
12/27/2012 NOTICE OF ENTRY OF JUDGMENT PETITIONER 1
12/19/2012 JUDGMENT OF DISSOLUTION (DEFAULT) PETITIONER 1 STATUS ENDS 12/19/12 JLC
12/7/2012 PETITION FOR DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE PETITIONER 1 ENTERED BY M. SIMMER
DECLARATION REGARDING SERVICE OF PRELIMINARY DECLARATION OF DISCLOSURE PETITIONER 1 PET
DECLARATION FOR DEFAULT PETITIONER 1
REQUEST TO ENTER DEFAULT PETITIONER 1
1/24/2012 PROOF OF SERVICE SUMMONS Document Image
1/12/2012 Case Event New case created by deputy: 753
PMT: NEW SUIT - FAMILY LAW GC 70670(B) EFF 10/19/10 Amount of $395.00 for PENA, NANCY (PE-1). Received from NANCY PENA. Receipt #632860 for amount of $395.00.
SUMMONS ISSUED AND FILED PETITIONER 1 ENTERED BY M. SIMMER
Submitted: 1 year ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 year ago.

Brandon M. :

Hello there.

Customer: Hello I need to know if this divorce is final
Brandon M. :

Thank you for that clarification--I was just about to ask how I might help. Do you mind holding on for a few moments so I can pull the case up and see the status for myself?

Customer: Yes thank u
Brandon M. :

Thanks. This will be just a few moments.

Customer: Are they Legally Divorced my brother passed today. Does Nancy Pena have rights to his belongings.
Customer: she said they are still married and thatvsg
Customer: She is picking up all his belongings at the corners office
Brandon M. :

Thanks for your patience. I went to the Kern County Superior Court's website to view the case history and status for this matter--although your information appeared to be complete, I needed to verify that no additional information had been left out. Based on the information provided through the website located at http://www.kern.courts.ca.gov/home.aspx?p=FamilySearchCI&p1=Left and based on the information you provided, the marriage dissolved, effective December 19, 2012.

Brandon M. :

I suppose it's technically possible that they went out and remarried one another after December 19, 2012, but the divorce was finalized on December 19, 2012.

Customer: I need proof of this what is my proof
Brandon M. :

You will need a copy of the judgment of dissolution itself. It is a public record, but it would need to be obtained from the court itself, so someone would need to physically go to the courthouse and ask them to extract this particular case from their archives, and then make a copy of the judgment.

Customer: Thank u
Brandon M. :

It's my pleasure. Did you have any other question?

Brandon M. :

Well, let me know if further clarification is needed, and please feel free to leave a rating once you are finished (I work for ratings). Thanks.

Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is saying that they r not divorced
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 year ago.
I understand. Please allow me to explain that I mean no disrespect to anyone when I say this, but she can say that she's a spotted unicorn from the planet Krypton, but it wouldn't make her a spotted unicorn from the planet Krypton. It may be that she believes that she is not divorced or it may be that she is lying, but if the court enters a judgment of dissolution, the marriage is over. Period. The court's website says that the marriage terminated, effective December 19, 2012.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience: Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.