Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

In a civil case, what is the proper way to have evidence excluded

In a civil case, what is the proper way to have evidence excluded due to a violation of federal law in obtaining said evidence by opposing party witness?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

To get any evidence excluded you file a Motion to Quash the evidence and you would include your proof the evidence was illegally obtained and ask the court to exclude the evidence from the trial.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

one exhibit was obtained by violating DMCA, and the other was a violation of 18 USC 2511interception and disclosure...

Is a motion to quash proper in both cases?

Yes, a motion to quash is the proper device to seek to exclude the evidence.