Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Dear sirs, My name isXXXXX and Im from

Dear sirs,
My name isXXXXX and I'm from Bermuda. I would like to get some information on marrying a woman from the Philippines. Her name isXXXXX She's from Rosalles, Pangasinan. We've known each other since December 21rst, 2011 and I want to know two things;-
1) We want to get married in the British Embassy in Manilla and being that Bermuda is a member of the British Commonwealth, how much of a problem would it be to get married there and come back to Bermuda as husband and wife, and
2) What paperwork/documents would I need if and when we do get married there?

Dear sirs,
My name isXXXXX and I'm from Bermuda. I would like to get some information on marrying a woman from the Philippines. Her name isXXXXX She's from Rosalles, Pangasinan. We've known each other for the past 2 1/2 years and have been an 'item' for the past 15 mouths and I want to know three things;-
1) We want to get married and is it possible to get married in the Embassy
2) Being that Bermuda is a member of the British Commonwealth, how much of a problem would it be to get married there and come back to Bermuda as husband and wife, and
3) What paperwork/documents would I need if and when we do get married?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

1) It is fairly difficult to arrange a wedding at the British embassy and you need to make this arrangement with the ambassador of that embassy. It is generally less paperwork and headache to fly her as a visitor to a British commonwealth to get married, but it is possible to marry at the embassy, you just have to send for written permission for the ambassador.

2) You would still have to file for immigration documents as a spouse to have her allowed to live in Bermuda as your spouse.

3)You need to have her birth certificate and passport and you will need to file for her residency status in Bermuda with the Bermuda immigration authorities. You also need to have proof of the marriage.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.