Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Re: Private kennel in Agoura Hills, CA The zoning ordinances

Re: Private kennel in Agoura Hills, CA
The zoning ordinances do not allow kennels anywhere in the Agoura Hills.
Would it be possible for a person to have a private kennel (for either 7 or 9 dogs) in a mobile home park in Cornell (an incorporated community next to Agoura Hills) where there is almost no land between the houses? This is a rural area, but in the mobile home park land is at a premium. Would Cornell be subject to the Agoura Hills zoning ordinances?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Cornell is under the Agoura Hills zoning ordinances, which prevent having kennels anywhere as you stated. Thus, as Cornell applies the Agoura Hills zoning regulations, I am afraid that you would not be able to have the private kennel.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

I apologize Betty, Cornell is a part of LA County and as it is the LA county zoning applies and if your area is in an A-2 zoning area a kennel would be allowed. You need to check the zoning on your property.