LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

i have been acused of a sex crime the detectives talked me

i have been acused of a sex crime the detectives talked me into admiting to part of it and now they want me to write a statement and an apology letter, what should i do?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You have no legal obligation to cooperate with the detectives and need to remember that the statement can and will likely be used against you, if criminal charges are filed. It think it is odd that they want you to write an apology letter and it may be a tactic that they are using to try and make you think they are working with you and trying to help you out. That is not likely the case and if you already spoke with them and admitted to part of it, the statement will likely be the last thing they need to turn the case over to the State for criminal prosecution and have a strong case against you. At this time, it is best to retain legal counsel or do nothing and let them proceed as they see fit. If you are charged, you can asked to be appointed the public defender, who will represent you.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They said that if i were apologetic things would go better for me is that possible and is there a way to keep what i did say from being used?

I am not necessarily inclined to believe that being apologetic at this stage is going to result in things going better for you. As far as your admissions, your attorney would need to look into the situation and determine if your Miranda rights were read to you prior to making them or if they were freely and voluntarily made. If they were not, then there could be a basis to suppress them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they didn't read me my rights does that make a difference?

If you were in custody, not free to leave and being questioned about the alleged sex crime, then there could certainly be a legal basis to suppress those statements.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was in my own home

It may be something that the court would considered freely and voluntary but the circumstances would need to be looked into, to decide if you felt pressured or that you were forced or coerced into making the statement.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they made me believe if I didn't admit to something that I would be going to jail and that things would go worse for me and they said I need to write a statement and a letter of apology, they want me to write it over the weekend and give it to them monday

Like I said, it is going to be used against you, so it is at your own discretion to do so. You have no legal obligation to do this. If they forced, tricked or made you believe something was going to happen if you did not speak with them, it could be a basis to suppress the statement/admission.