Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I just checked what the deposition notice said and it reads

I just checked what the deposition notice said and it reads as follows: "The scope and purpose of the deposition is to inquire into the facts and circumstances involved in this suit and for use at trial." Is that adequate for noticing the dr's deposition for use at trial even though it doesn't use the language you cited? Thanks.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Deposition notices need to give only a general statement regarding the purpose of the deposition. They generally are VERY vague and general so that the party taking the deposition can discuss all relevant matters to the suit, since the purpose of discovery is to discover all information that "could lead to discovery of admissible evidence in trial."

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My question was a follow up to something I had asked of someone who went off line. To be a little more specific, I wanted to know if that language was sufficient for noticing the deposition of an expert for use at trial. The prior attorney online had said you need certain language like - the purpose of the deposition is to preserve testimony for use at trial - and so I wanted to check that more vague language like what I had in the question would be adequate. Thanks.

Thank you for your response.

The language is sufficient, but while it is not "mandatory" usually the language would state "to give expert testimony regarding the facts and circumstances involved in this suit and for use at trial," but it is not mandatory you put it that way. When you take the deposition, before you get into the facts you go through the expert's CV and qualifications to make sure there is enough in the deposition to qualify him as an expert in the field.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney