Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

During my divorce ex wife wanted to keep a car I had financed.she

During my divorce ex wife wanted to keep a car I had financed.she has fallen behind and now I face the possibility of having late payments and repossession on my credit,any way I can protect myself.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
.
I am sorry to say it, but if they repo the car and come after you for any deficiency after the sale, then there is not much you can do to prevent it. But if the car title is still in your name, you could legally retake possession of it and try to sell it privately since she has defaulted on the property settlement agreement.
.
But if you are sued for a deficiency after a repo, your recourse would be to sue her for any money that you end up having to pay.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

.