Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Hi, I motion for a protective order 10 days ago, then amended

Customer Question

I motion for a protective order 10 days ago, then amended it the next day within an all important 3 day period that effectively stays the hearing they had tried to force me to attend. The defendants just responded. I forgot to add a few things in the amended motion.I was going to amend it again. However, since they responded, and o can reply, does it "count" equally as well if i include the forgotten points in the reply? Will the court see the newly added things as being "before her" in the reply as if it were in the motion itself? thank you
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist you with the question.
Kirk Adams : As long as it is not a completely new argument about an issue - - but instead is just additional information about an issue already raised, then you should be fine to include this in your reply.
Kirk Adams : The judge should accept any arguments contained in the motions/responses/replies.
Kirk Adams : IF the other side wants to respond to your new arguments, it can do so with a new filing as well.
Customer:

ok, thank you very much

Kirk Adams : Sure. Glad to help.
Kirk Adams : Please let me know if you need anything else. If so, I'll be glad to respond.
Customer:

one more thing...i think i have 10 days to reply...BUT, is that guaranteed to me? or can the judge rule before, so i should reply ASAP? the stall would be beneficial for me though. But if it isnt a guarantgeed period, Id file now.

Kirk Adams : Your time can't be shortened UNLESS the court enters an order saying you have less time.
Kirk Adams : You may want to check with the court clerk to verify no such order has been entered and that you have 10 days from the entry of the order.
Customer:

thank you

Roger, Attorney
Experience: BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters