Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I bought a FEMA travel trailer in mississippi, the seller said

I bought a FEMA travel trailer in mississippi, the seller said he had to get an MSO to get the title, I never got the title, when I called him, at first he said the title might have come back to him, but later he said we need to do a bonded title, when I contacted a titlebond company, they asked if I was sure the trailer had been titled in mississippi, if not the money spent would be wasted. the seller is not returning my calls.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney in Mississippi. Thanks for question. I'll be glad to assist you today.

You could first contact the Mississippi Department of Revenue ( and ask them to run the VIN to see if it was ever registered in Mississippi. They should be able to tell you that.

If the title is not registered in Mississippi, you may have to sue the seller in order to either get the title OR get a court order authorizing you to get a title in your name.

If the title is registered in Mississippi, you can proceed with the bond.

I hope this question answers your question, but if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.
Sorry for the typos! I've got an auto-correct feature that causes some typos/duplicates sometimes. If anything needs to be clarified, please let me know. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I checked with DMV and no the trailer has never been titled in mississippi. the transaction took place in Picayune, I live in baton rouge. can you recommend a nearby attorney would could handle this issue,

and what should be the cost involved.

jeff stevens

Good morning Jeff.

We can't recommend a specific attorney, but I can point you to, which is an online attorney directory that allows you to look up attorneys by area of practice and location. When you go to the site, click on "Find a Lawyer or Law Firm" and then fill in the relevant information. You can search for a general litigation attorney, business attorney or contracts attorney to help you with this.

As for costs, the legal fees should not be very expensive - - I'd say $500-$750 (but it certainly could be more if problems arise).