Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I am party to an employment dispute before an Administrative

Customer Question

I am party to an employment dispute before an Administrative Law Judge. The respondent subpoenaed some medical records and got them a month ago. Today, my doctor's office handed me a bill for their lawyers time related to the subpoena. Is that a cost (over $1000) that I am expected to bear?
Expert:  Tina replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome.

My name is Tina and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Is there an agreement or court order requiring you to pay the respondent's costs?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would that be in the subpoena, or have to be a separate order?

Expert:  Tina replied 3 years ago.
Hello again, Tucker.

It would typically be in a separate order or in an agreement you have with the respondent.