Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

In the event of a judgement can Va disability and social security

In the event of a judgement can Va disability and social security funds be seized from a bank account? Can any additional checks be garnished? Thanks
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The general legal premise is that VA or SS or other retirement benefits cannot be seized or garnished for judgments. There are some exceptions to this, such as they can be garnished or seized for any government debts or child support or student loans, but these are the only exceptions.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.