Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Legal Expert

I own a small mobile home with two other individuals (daughter,

I own a small mobile home with two other individuals (daughter, and sister) as joint tenants.THe value of this unit is between $7-$8,000. I have a pending judgment against me for appx.
$6,000. If the credit card company obtains a judgment, what can they do as regards XXXXX XXXXX Can they force a sale and remove the interests of the other two joint tenants?

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

They could foreclose on their judgment lien, but their judgment interest only applies to your interest in the property so that after paying costs and expenses, the other owners would receive their proportionate share of what's left. That would leave nothing for the judgment holder, so it's very unlikely they would take any action (although they have the legal right to do so).

Please let me know if I can provide additional assistance. If not, I would be grateful if you could please leave me a positive rating. I cannot receive credit for my work without your positive rating and that is the sole means of compensation for JustAnswer experts. Thanks!