Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

I have been charged with criminal misdemeanor of an animal

Customer Question

I have been charged with criminal misdemeanor of an animal being left in a car. It was longer then we meant to be away from the car though the windows were open and we were in sight of the car. Someone saw the car from a different angle called the police. We saw the police and were right there. I was even the one to let the dogs out of the car and give them water. I asked with they wanted to feel the cool water and was told no. We had to stay because the animal control had already been called. Neither animal control or the police officer ever touched the dogs. They listed the temp for the day but never took a temp in the car.
What would you recommend we do? Pay the fee and except the charges or take it to court asking for probation before judgment?
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 3 years ago.

Brandon M. :

Hello there.

Brandon M. :

Thank you for your question. Do you have the code section that you are charged with violating?