Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I LIVE IN MICHIGAN AND HAVE BEEN DIVORCED FOR ABOUT A YEAR......MY

I LIVE IN MICHIGAN AND HAVE BEEN DIVORCED FOR ABOUT A YEAR......MY SON DOES NOT WANT TO SEE ME UNLESS HE NEEDS SOMETHING OR MONEY...MY EX HAS NOT LIVED UP TO THE DIVORCE DECREE NOR WAS SHE HONEST BEFORE DIVORCE WAS FINAL
1) what is parent alienation and how hard is is to prove
2)im supposed to get him 3 weekends a month and 2 full weeks in the summer...not gonna happen..
3) i did say i hated himed and wish i would never had adopted him but i fully regretted it and apologized and now feel my ex has brain washed him if thats possible..he even knows whats in the divorce decree.....i need help as seeking a new lawyer tomm since my old one said grin and bear it and pay the money.......please help...
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

I'll answer the questions as you posted them:

Parental alienation is what it is called when one parent "turns" a child against the other parent. It is extremely difficult to prove under the best of circumstances and, based on your statements in #3, would be nearly impossible to prove in this case. In addition, the older the child gets the less likely that it can be proven for a variety of reasons. Parental alienation is generally proved by expert testimony from a child psychologist and usually only comes up in custody cases as a reason to change custody.

2) I don't see a question here. Did you have a question about the visitation?

3) I don't see a specific question here either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SORRY SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE SPECIFIC

CAN SHE UP AND MOVE WHERE SHE WANTS WITHIN 100 MILES AND NOT CONSULT ME

CAN MY SON REFUSE TO SEE ME EVEN THOUGH I KNOW MY EX HAS ALIENATED HIM FROM ME

I I PAY MY CHILD SUPPORT LIKE THE COURT STIPULATES AND HAVE NO FURTHER CONTACT AM I CONSIDERED A DEAD BEAT DAD? REASON I ASK IS THAT MY EX AND HIM SEEM TO CALL ONLY WHEN IT PERTAINS TO MONEY OR GOODS AND IF I SAY NO SHE THREATENS TO END MY PARENTAL RIGHTS AND/OR ASK FOR MORE AND STATES IM A DAD OF CONVIENANCE WHICH IM SURE SHE HAS SPILLED INTO MY SONS HEAD...HES ALMOST 14....THANKS
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
No problem, feel free to ask follow ups or provide additional info until your questions are answered.

CAN SHE UP AND MOVE WHERE SHE WANTS WITHIN 100 MILES AND NOT CONSULT ME?

That depends on the language of the order. Some allow moves without notice and others have varying degrees of restrictions.

14 is one of those ages where it is hard to force the child to come see you if they don't want to. However, the court will be likely to order her to cooperate and not speak ill of you to the child. The judge will not like the fact that the child knows details of the divorce.

I I PAY MY CHILD SUPPORT LIKE THE COURT STIPULATES AND HAVE NO FURTHER CONTACT AM I CONSIDERED A DEAD BEAT DAD?

No. A deadbeat dad is one who doesn't pay their child support, medical bills, etc. It is one who wants the benefits of being a father without the obligations. Your situation appears to be the opposite. You are living up to your obligations but are not receiving the benefits.

She is not at all likely to be able to terminate your rights. She can threaten but it is extremely unlikely she would actually be able to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

SO IN YOUR PROFESSIONAL OPINION BASED ON SOME UN KIND WORDS AND THE FACT THAT HE DOES NOT WANT TO SEE ME UNLESS ITS FOR SOMETHING CAN I JUST PAY MY CHILD SUPPORT AND WHEN SHE COMES HOLLERING FOR A HANDOUT JUST IGNORE IT AND NOT BE HAULED INTO COURT..MY SON IS VERY CLOSE AND DOES WHATEVER HIS MOM SAYS SO I FEEL LIKE IM UNDER A ROCK

SO I GUESS DO I JUST PAY MY SUPPORT AND MEDICAL OBLIGATIONS AS I HAVE AND JUST HOPE FOR THE BEST SOMWWHERE DOWN THE LINE..??

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can just pay the support and ignore her other requests.

Unfortunately, this situation is one that is all too common. The only good news is that these things tend to backfire on the other parent as the child gets older. It doesn't happen in 100% of the cases but in probably 90%+ that's the way it happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD..I JUST DONT WANT HIM TO THINK IM ABANDONING HIM IF HE DOESNT GET HIS WAY.....SO I GUESS ILL PAY THE SUPPORT AND WAIT A COUPLE YEARS.....THANKS FOR YOUR HELP MUCH APPRECIATED...

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome and I do wish you the best on this. It is a situation that occurs too often but it almost always works out in favor of the parent that is not causing the problem.

Best wishes to you. Please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I'd suggest Excellent) so I get credit for my work.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience: Began practicing law in 1992
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.