Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have asked for a copy of my lab results and treadmilltest I

I have asked for a copy of my lab results and treadmilltest
I was told that if the Doctor hasn't seen them, that they cannot be released to me
is this true?

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Is there any indication as to why the doctor has not seen the results yet?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He works between 2 clinics and today is his day off.

I see.

Where a patient requests a copy of their medical records, a provider must typically provide the patient with a copy of their records within a reasonable time. The law does not require that access be granted immediately, but within 30 days normally.

Here is a link which summarizes this federal law:

If the medical provider violates this law, a complaint should be made to the federal Dept. of Health and Human Services, shich can investigate and assess penalties against the provider if appropriate. Here is a link to file a complaint:

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.