P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

My Father died in 1993 & his so called "wife" did not probate

My Father died in 1993 & his so called "wife" did not probate a will dated 1992 until 2004, stated ,lied & signed a afffidavit,that she did not know where is legal children were. I live in the same town & use to visit him quite regular.
I found this out by accident a few years ago. Is there a statur of limitations in New Jersy of her lying about this & other things?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

There is a statute of limitations in NJ. The statute of limitations on fraud is 6 years...6 years from the date of the fraud. What you describe? If the "wife" committed fraud in the probate process, you have up to 6 years to file suit. If you can prove she lied, you can sue her for the money she received by lying.

You will need to have an attorney file this for you.

And you will need to prove fraud.

But if you can do that? If you can prove she lied, then you can bring suit to recover money you lost due to the fraud