Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I need an attorney for a class action suit for a group of employees

I need an attorney for a class action suit for a group of employees who had their cars sprayed with paint in the parking lot while the building was being painted.

Negligence cases are never made into class actions. You must handle your own claim and the other people have to handle theirs. However, they can all use the same attorney if they wish. It doesn't surprise me that Human Resources wouldn't get involved.

I hope that this information is helpful. Please click on a smiley face so that I will be compensated for assisting you. If you have a follow up question please send me back a Reply without entering any rating. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is this the kind of case that an attorney will handle on consignment?

If you mean "contingency" which is a fee based only on a percent of the recovery, the answer is "no". The typical contingency fee is one-third. So if the damage to a vehicle is $2,100 and you have to hire an attorney you can only recover $1,400, so you won't come out with enough money to fix your car. Plus, attorneys don't want to be bothered with small cases that people can file in small claims court themselves. Cases like the one you mention are usually settled up between the companies that insure he vehicles and the company that insures the contractor who caused the damage.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do I file a small claims court case?
This is a brand new question. I will answer it as soon as you enter a positive rating for my prior answers. Thanks. I look forward to helping you.